Gordon Bass, PGA
Gordon and his wife, Donna, are native Texans. He attended Texas A & M University and she attended Texas Tech University. They live in Garland, Texas. They have 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl. They have served in many church and civic organizations throughout the years.
He is a PGA Member with the North Texas PGA. He has served as a Director of Golf, Director of Golf Instruction and Head Golf Professional for much of the last 20 years. For the last few years, he has been instrumental in building a golf instruction business at Buffalo Creek Golf Club where he increased the golf range program membership to over 1,000 as well as gave over 1,500 lessons in a span of 2 years. Prior to that, he was the Director of Golf at Eastern Hills Country Club and Director of Golf Instruction at Oak Hollow Golf Club in McKinney. He has been a member of the instructional team at The Four Season’s in Los Colinas teaching corporate golf schools and serving as an assistant to the Director of Golf.
He was chosen by the PGA Magazine as one of the top 125 instructors and club fitters in America. He brings a unique skill set forged by several years of traveling with the PGA tour, buy.com tour (now nationwide tour).
Having Gordon in a local country club setting is a wonderful opportunity to experience the benefits of true customer service and a full golfing experience.
His expertise includes but not limited to:
- A full tournament experience with trunk to trunk service and every personal requirement given the very closest personal attention.
- Managing a golf shop and staff that is uniquely trained in the time-tested tradition that has made the country club experience the very best avenue for a successful golf game or golf outing.
- A unique philosophy concerning the transfer of information in relation to the golf swing, course management, and club fitting.
- Although he enjoys the benefit of a great skill set concerning the operations for member and guest, whether a single game, a golf outing or tournament, his passion for southern hospitality and genuine concern for your interests is probably his strongest passion.
- Course management, tee sheet management, cart maintenance and golf shop inventory with a full service club repair are just a few of the opportunities offered at Rockwall Golf and Athletic Club.
At the point of impact, known as the moment of truth, the player must deliver a blow to the ball with a square club face down the line to the target. The sole or bottom of the club must also be controlled to enter into the impact position as close to where the ball rests on the ground as possible. The iron shot is a desending blow, the fairway wood shot is a sweeping blow and hte driver is an ascending blow. The fundamentals of grip, stance, posture, balance, ball position and alignment are designed to help the player at his moment of impact. If his hands control the angle of face at impact, his balance and his transfer of weight from the right side of his body to the left is his only tool to control the sole.